We welcome! We invite you to join us!
- Adult Sunday School – Four different groups meet at 9:15 a.m. on Sundays. We welcome the faithful, the seekers and the doubters!
- Wesley Women United (formerly United Methodist Women) – has two groups that meet the second Tuesday of each month for worship, study and fellowship. The groups meet as a whole four times a year and sponsor several projects that support local and local ministries.
- Wesley’s Lay Care Team – meets 10 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the church library, to share encounters from visits to members who are homebound or in assisted living centers and unable to attend church.
- Sorelle– A woman’s group meets the second Tuesday of each month, Sept – May, at 10:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Each month, the group schedules a special presentation. Good food, fellowship and worship make this group
- Paint & Pray – New in 2015, this is a merger of art with engaging faith development and witness. Community members are invited to participate as they explore art, discover prayer and the Bible, and experience supportive relationships as emerging artists and individuals. No painting skill required!
- Wesley Church Library Ministry – A growing program offering reading and study materials to church members. A goal is to extend this ministry into the community through circulation, children’s community story times, book clubs, and more. Always looking for volunteers and donations of funds to add current and useful resources, computer program for cataloging, etc.
- Home to “Kingswood Institute”, a program of the Oklahoma Conference providing training and resources to churches across the state.
- Whiz Kids, a community wide program offering reading literacy tutors and mentors through a group of dedicated volunteers. Wesley provides space, helps with meals, transportation and tutoring.
- Explorers – The group, which crisscrosses all ages and Sunday School classes, sponsors a variety of activities, including Thanksgiving, Valentine and St. Patrick’s Day dinners, an Easter sunrise service, Fall Arts Festival, crafts workshops and the pumpkin patch.
- The J.O.Y. Club (Just Older Youth) – This fun spirited adult group meets for a delicious lunch prepared by Wesley staff and then attends an informative program the third Thursday of each month at noon. Adults of all ages are invited. The group encourages participation from non-members as well. The group usually schedules a day trip to a local event or tourist attractioin on the first Friday of each month, except during July and August.
- Music – Led by Dr. Frank Ragsdale, OCU Voice Professor, the Wesley music department includes choirs for children and for youth, as well as the sanctuary choir that practices 7:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday evenings. Other music ministries include a women’s ensemble, Promise Kids’, the childrens choir and the Chancel Bell choir with rehearsals on Thursday evenings from 7:30-8:45 p.m..
- Mobile Meals-Started in 1975 by Bill and Martha White, the mobile meals program serves meals to home bound clients in the OKC area. Over 100 organization participate in this 40 year +, city-wide program. Wesley prepares meals for approximately 30 clients each Thursday all year long.
Permanent link to this article: http://mynonprofit.info/ministries/
Our nursery for infants and toddlers is available each Sunday morning beginning at 9:15 AM.
Children and youth are a vital and integral part of our faith community. Sunday School for Children and Youth – Each Sunday at 10:30 AM Youth Group (5th – 8th grade) – Wednesdays during the school year at 5:45 PM …
Our fellowship opportunities include a variety of Sunday School classes, choir, adult groups, youth fellowships and occasional short-term children’s and adult studies. Explorers What We Do: The group, which crisscrosses all ages and Sunday School classes, sponsors a variety of activities including Thanksgiving, Valentine and St. Patrick’s Day dinners, an Easter sunrise service, a Spring …
In a word, music is a powerful thing that reaches far into the soul. Music is that finely tuned thread that connects our soul to that of God’s. God is the creator of music. We are the instruments. Sanctuary Choir rehearses Wednesdays at 7:00 PM in the choir room during the school year.
Sunday School Children and Youth begin Worship in the Sanctuary at 10:30 AM and then depart to their respective rooms to receive God’s message for them! (A nursery is open each Sunday morning at 9:15 AM for infants and toddlers. Adult Sunday School meets at 9:15 a.m. We welcome the faithful, the seekers and the …